The last update, I had just found out that pretty much everything I had going and/or had planned, was falling apart...pretty much all at once. It definitely tested my faith, and I have had some incredible personal spiritual experiences. I won't share them all on here, but I wish I was better at keeping a journal..... Anyway, the turn in my life, forced me to surrender my own plan, and accept whatever the Lord has in store for me. I really think the Lord was trying to test my willingness to do this.....possibly for something "big" later in life...who knows. I finally accepted that as much as I wanted to know what was going to happen in the fall, I just needed to throw my hands up, be patient, and wait. I continued to do all that is asked of me, and continued to pray for some peace and solutions. It seemed that week after week, each lesson at church was directed at ME. On Sunday May 22nd, our lesson was about Faith & Charity. "We do not receive a witness until after the trial of our faith." I kept thinking, I am doing the best I know how, at trusting in the Lord....I KNOW things will work out....It's just a matter of when. I never really stressed over it...by "IT" I am referring to my boss telling me he'd have to replace me if I didn't change my class schedule so that I wouldn't miss 1 day of work...as well as having my babysitter for Kennedy tell me she couldn't watch her next year. Ok....so, I never let the stress of it all get to me. I had a few friends ask why I wasn't stressing, & say that they would be stressed if they were me. But, I knew that I am giving it to the Lord to handle, so it will work out, and why bother stressing about it until then? Stressing isn't fun. I am soooo grateful, and happy to say that Tues May 24th, my boss pulled me into his office and said, "Allison, Janice & I have been thinking about what you told us about your plans for school. And, we think we can manage to have you miss Wednesday's as long as you type up a list of who is coming in and how much they owe for their copay, before you leave on Tuesdays." I said that wouldn't be a problem at all, and tried to contain my excitement! What a relief!! Honestly.... it was only a month, but I was so glad he came back to me about it. I had originally planned on going in at the end of June w/a presentation to explain why they shouldn't replace me, had he still not changed his mind. I truly am grateful for the experience to fully trust in the Lord!! I know this seems like a small thing, but I am grateful for the experience! So....I get to keep my job, I will be working Tues & Thurs 9-5 & some Friday's for a few hours, come fall. I am registered for classes, I will be taking English, Math, History, & Psychology. I can't wait!
Now, for the babysitting part.... I have been able to arrange a good good friend of mine to help me out in the fall! (Thanks Julie) She will only have to watch Kennedy Tues & Thurs mornings, since I have my classes in the afternoon MWF, and will be putting Kennedy in afternoon Kindergarten. So now I have everything worked out for the fall, but will still have to find somebody to watch Kennedy for me come January through the end of the school year. But, I will worry bout that later. I am sure it'll all work out & I will find somebody...some will depend on what classes I can get for that semester too.
So that is it for now....just wanted to share the good news!! God does hear and answer our prayers, and will guide our lives if we allow him to. =) I am so grateful for all my friends and family who have helped me throughout the last few months, during the times when I did break down. I really am so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life!! I love you all!!





No comments:
Post a Comment