Wednesday, March 25, 2009

DANCE!!

HOORAY!! Kennedy is finally old enough to take dance! I have been waiting 3 yrs for this. =) If you know me....you know why. AND....from the time she was about 6months, she has LOVED music, and can't sit still when she hears it. She actually is pretty good. When it's a fast song her face is all serious and she dances really fast....not just jumping or spinning. like some kids....but for real, dancing. When it's slow, she has a different facial expression, and moves slow with the music. She's pretty darn good at finding the beat in any song. Maybe one of these days I will figure out how to post a video on here, and then you can see for yourself.

So.....yesterday was her first day of dance class. We went down to Dance Works and bought her outfit and tap shoes....which she didn't want me to take off. (oh....and she for sure wore it all night!! Didn't even want to get into her jammies) She did so good in class. I was so proud, and got some chuckles out of watching her have so much fun. They had to crawl on the ground (sounds weird I know) and pretend to be a snake....she had a serious face on, and was TOTALLY "hissing"! I could hear her "hissing" from outside....and the door was closed. She listened to the teacher and had fun making new friends. She thought using the bar was pretty cool. She even got a sticker at the end of class, which she was stoked about! =) ANYWAY....so this picture is the one I took right before we were leaving for class. I told her I wanted to get a pic of her in her dance outfit and so she went to the middle of the room......and struck a pose. Then she kept posing wanting me to take more pics. Her friend Avery even got in on the posing. It was a fun day!!


4 comments:

  1. So freaking cute!!! I love it! Lets hang out again soon!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! She is a smarty, she is going to be a dancer like her mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cute! Like mommy, like daughter. I want to come watch her dance class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I love that you have Jason Castro on your song list! I totally love him!!

    ReplyDelete